Criminal advocate with over 37 years' experience who specialises in complex cases, including serious fraud, grave sexual offences, serious crimes of violence (including murder), and cases arising from fatal road accident collisions. Grade 4 prosecutor, both General and Fraud panels. A Recorder of some 20 years' standing.
Listed in the 2014 edition of Chambers and Partners UK Bar Directory, with commentary which includes :
"An extremely strong advocate across a wide range of criminal cases ..."
"David's particular strengths are the remarkable breadth and depth of his pre-trial preparation and an admired ability to make intricate facts and concepts readily accessible to jurors ...."
"His good humour and ease with clients from all walks of life, combined with his remarkable work ethic, make him a strong choice for criminal defence work, no matter how problematical the case."
It also notes his keen interest in the forensic sciences, not least DNA.
Recent cases :
- successful prosecution, serious sexual offences against children (historic case, 18 Counts)
- successful prosecution of serious and protracted fraud involving an employee of a large London Borough, a case which included a disputed and somewhat complex Proceeds of Crime hearing
- successful defence in a 'total stranger, public street, night-time' rape case, where the defendant had admitted both presence and sexual intercourse
- instructed to represent one of the company managers in a large-scale company fraud, one of several defendants
- instructed to defend in a 'mid-level' fraud, alleged repeated deceptions by a man with a chequered history
- instructed to prosecute a case of attempted murder within the Chinese community