After graduating in politics, worked for several years at large advertising and public relations agency, in London. Undertook Diploma in Law course whilst still in employment, and following call to the Bar practised in Chambers in London before moving to Birmingham in 1999. Joined Citadel Chambers in November 2009, following a two-year sabbatical from the law (spent in British Columbia, Canada).
Instructed by defence and prosecution in a wide variety of serious crime at Crown Court and Appellate level. Grade 4 CPS prosecutor.
Career has included :
- murder of an 18 year old girl, by a stranger
- attempted assassination, by the victim's employee
- cases of homicide, by violence and by injection of controlled drugs
- numerous cases involving rape and other serious sexual offences
- conspiracy to commit armed robbery and other firearms offences
- importation of drugs, and large-scale supply
- cases involving fraud and other forms of dishonesty
- perverting the course of justice
- large-scale public disorder
- reported cases : R -v- Birks  (recent complaint of sexual offences), R -v- Perks  (victim impact statements), R -v- Knight, Coleman, Hochenburg (silence at trial)
Accredited by the Bar Council under the Direct Access procedure and in suitable cases is happy to accept instructions direct from members of the public. Please see the Direct Access section of the website for further details.