Mature entrant to the Bar, following service in HM Forces (Army), and several years in the finance industry.
Over 23 years as a criminal advocate. Prosecutes and defends across the entire spectrum of criminal work, with particular expertise and interest in cases involving allegations of death by dangerous driving, and firearms offences. Has appeared in numerous cases involving murder / manslaughter, attempted murder and other grave non-fatal offences of violence, and during his career has conducted many cases involving rape, serious sexual offences against children, drugs, and all forms of dishonesty. Grade 4 CPS prosecutor.
Described in the Legal 500 as 'a very strong and persuasive Jury advocate', and by Chambers & Partners 2012 as having ' .. a track record which commands respect in the market', with the 2013 edition commenting on his ' .. particularly strong all-round practice', and 2014 entry ' .. particularly renowned for his depth of experience in allegations of death by dangerous driving'.
Recent instructions have included :
- represented a defendant charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs, value over £1 million, and associated firearms offences
- represented a defendant charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment where a ransom of £1.5 million was demanded
- junior Counsel, represented a defendant who had murdered a taxi driver during a bungled attempted robbery
- represented a defendant charged with involvement in a conspiracy to arrange bogus marriages to facilitate residency
- represented a defendant facing allegations of multiple offences of rape (historic)
- represented a Polish citizen charged with causing death by dangerous driving, and prosecuted another Polish citizen in another case of causing death by dangerous driving
- appearances in various POCA confiscation hearings of high value, up to £1.25 million
- represented a 17 yr old defendant charged with multiple offences of S18 wounding with intent
- junior for the Crown in a multiple defendant gangland shooting
- represented defendants charged with offences of violence at / around football matches
- represented a severely mentally disabled defendant, charged with (historic) sexual offences
- specialist in civil claims against the police
- experienced in employment law matters
Continuing professional development
An approved pupil supervisor.