Specialist criminal practitioner, instructed by defence and prosecution in the full spectrum of criminal matters - homicide and serious non-fatal offences of violence, robbery, firearms matters, conspiracy to supply controlled drugs, causing death by dangerous driving, allegations of rape and other serious sexual offences.
Recent instructions have included :
- junior Counsel in murder trial representing a defendant charged with an 'execution' killing (shooting)
- represented one of the principal defendants in a multi-handed drugs conspiracy (defendant acquitted)
- represented a defendant charged with riot arising from large-scale public disorder at Birmingham airport between members of rival motorcycle gangs (Outlaws and Hells Angels)
- represented the principal defendant in an alleged conspiracy to rob and conspiracy to steal numerous high-value vehicles
- prosecuted a nurse charged with offences arising from cruelty to elderly patients
- prosecuted a bus driver charged with dangerous driving arising from an incident where bus driven over a child's foot leading to amputation
- various separate cases of defendants charged with armed robbery and street robbery
- prosecuted two defendants charged with robbery, S18 and aggravated burglary arising from an attack upon a husband and wife in their own home
- various separate cases of defendants charged with rape and other serious sexual offences including familial and historic cases, and defendants charged with downloading child pornography from the internet
- cases involving issues of fitness to plead
- cases of significant public disorder arising from football matches
Has spent much of his leisure time playing and coaching rugby, and has sat as a member of his club's internal disciplinary committee.
Continuing professional development
In the Citadel series, has lectured on Fraud and on inferences from silence in interview.