Andrew Hall Q.C. is a door tenant at Citadel Chambers with a very extensive experience in all types of homicide, as well as large scale drugs and other excise conspiracies. In recent years has been instructed in a significant number of high profile terrorism cases.
Andrew Hall is consistently named as a leader in his field and has a busy and high profile practice in serious crime. He is a member of the Panel of Defence Counsel at the International Criminal Court, and a member of the International Criminal Law Team at Doughty Street Chambers. He led the Bar team that set up library facilities, and provided advocacy training at the Special Court in Sierra Leone. Andrew has particular expertise in terrorism cases and regularly appears as leading counsel in the most difficult, complex and high profile of murder trials.
A selection of illustrative recent cases are:
- John Russell The “Trusthorpe murders” – double revenge murder by shooting of retired couple ordered by notorious Nottingham gangster
- Livingstone Fleming Gang related robbery and murder
- Omar Mubarak Contract “honour killing”
- Anton Richards (gangland shooting in barber shop
- Shoaib Khan (notorious Huddersfield “Sikh shopkeeper murder” during robbery
- Jason Nwogbe The Victoria Station murder of a schoolboy
- Damien Fowkes Attempted murder of Ian Huntley, and murder of another prisoner, by lifer
- Sodiq Adeojo Peckham gang shooting, and double stabbing
- Devonte Campbell Double murder in gangland feud
- Natasha Elderfield Killing of abusive lover
- Gowrie Loganathan Axe murder during Sri Lankan gang brawl
- Steven Jones Manslaughter arising from “knock and run” prank
- Reial Phillips Multiple attempted murders by shooting in Birmingham gangland wars.
Andrew has appeared as leading counsel in many of the highest profile terrorism cases of recent years, including the cases of those alleged to have conducted hostile reconnaissance of London targets for the 7/7 bombers.
- Sadeer Saleem The “7/7 London Bombings”
- Rajib Khan The ” Al Quaeda Websites Case “
- Sohail Qureshi “The Lyrical Terrorist”
- Waseem Khan Soliciting terrorist murder by Al Mujaharoun
- Ali Beheshti Firebombing of London publishers following “insults to the Prophet” in book
- Mohammed Shahjahan  Plot to bomb the London Stock Exchange
- Michael Coe attempt to travel to wage jihad in Iraq
- Ahmed and Ahmed Brother’s plan to travel and fight in Syria for ISIS
- Junead Khan US airman beheading plot
- Soumaya Boufassil terrorist fundraising linked to individuals in the Paris shootings and Belgian bombing conspiracies.
The Citadel clerking team will be happy to assist with information as to Mr. Hall’s professional diary and availability.
Continuing Professional Development
He has longstanding involvement with professional training, and with legal sector capacity building projects overseas, particularly in Africa, and is a winner of the Bar Pro Bono Award for this work. Human rights work overseas has included missions to Syria, Sudan and Burma.
He is the author or co-author of several books on criminal justice issues, and regularly lectures on advocacy and other legal topics, including terrorism and human rights, both here and abroad.
- Member and former Chairman, of the Criminal Bar Association.
- Commonwealth Bar Association
Andrew served for a number of years as a member of the Bar Council and Chairman of the Remuneration Committee, and served as Chairman of the Criminal Bar Association. Since 2010 he has been a trustee of the Kalisher Trust, a charity providing scholarships and other awards to talented Criminal Bar entrants who need financial support.
Since 2010 he has been a trustee of the Kalisher Trust, a charity providing scholarships and other awards to talented Criminal Bar entrants who need financial support