Instructed to defend and prosecute the full range of criminal cases in Crown Courts across the Circuit, including allegations of offences of armed robbery, serious offences of violence and public disorder, drugs offences, allegations of sexual offences, dishonesty in all forms. Has particular experience and expertise in dealing with defendants who are vulnerable by reason of youth, mental health issues, personality disorders or learning difficulties. Frequently instructed in sensitive cases involving allegations of serious sexual offences.
Recent instructions have included:
- represented a vulnerable young defendant charged with male rape.
- represented a defendant charged with serious sexual offences against a very young family member.
- represented a defendant charged with a large-scale conspiracy to supply heroin in Worcestershire.
- prosecuted several defendants charged with conspiracy to supply controlled drugs.
- prosecuted a defendant charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
- prosecuted several defendants charged with armed robbery – firearms used in order to steal high-value high performance vehicles.
Receives instructions to advise in relation to infant settlements, and on quantum of damages, and regularly conducts fast track and multi-track cases in the County Court.
Has extensive experience of contentious costs matters, including detailed assessment hearings, at first instance and appellate level, and including a number of appearances at the Supreme Court Costs Office. In-depth knowledge of conditional fee agreements.
- represented the appellant in R -v- Dobson  WLR (D) 221, which involved consideration of the law relating to inconsistent Jury verdicts.
- represented a defendant with mental health issues, allegedly involved in a series of high value commercial burglaries.
Accredited by the Bar Council under the Direct Access scheme, and in suitable cases is happy to accept instructions directly from members of the public. Please refer to the Direct Access section of the website for further information.