Lee has particular expertise in matters of technical complexity – notably, cell-site analysis.
Instructed by both defence and prosecution (grade 3) at Crown Court and appellate level.
Prior to call to the Bar, had a successful career in the mobile telecommunications industry, and therefore welcomes instructions in matters which concern mobile technology.
After graduating with a first-class honours degree, completed the Bar Vocational course with a grade of ‘outstanding’, won the College of Law prizes in both civil and advanced criminal law, and the Baron Dr. Ver Heyden de Lancey prize awarded by Middle Temple for outstanding performance.
Criminal practice encompasses a wide range of serious crime including offences of violence and public disorder, sexual offences, dishonesty, and drugs offences.
Lee has dealt with a variety of cases involving driving offences, including dangerous driving. Other areas include a trading standards matter concerning substantial quantities of counterfeit and smuggled cigarettes; traffic commissioner and taxi licensing matters.
he is also instructed by a telecommunications infrastructure provider in a dispute over the quality of power generation equipment: negotiated a favourable pre-action settlement.
Has received instructions from insurance companies to represent those giving evidence.
Recent instructions have included:
- Conspiracy to rob, 15 armed robberies of convenience stores carried out by a gang of four, a case which involved contested expert evidence on facial imaging and cell-site analysis.
- Conspiracies to supply large quantities of Class A drugs.
- Prosecuted 7 defendants for conspiracy to defraud: they had manipulated job centre computer systems to alter bank details and generate fraudulent payments.
- Confiscation proceedings, including a matter which involved contested expert evidence from forensic accountants and surveyors to establish benefit and the available amount, the most significant asset being a property worth over £1 million.
- Various cases involving rape and serious sexual assaults, including matters with child complainants, allegations against a person in a position of trust, cases with the use of intermediaries for vulnerable witnesses and a defendant with significant learning difficulties who was assisted by an intermediary.
- A number of matters relating to the possession and distribution of indecent images of children.
- Murder and manslaughter, including junior for the Crown in a murder trial with complex issues of fitness to plead, diminished responsibility, and provocation.
- Numerous cases of serious violence, including aggravated burglary, kidnapping and false imprisonment.
- Participates in training expert witnesses in the preparation of reports, presentation of evidence, court procedure.
- Has participated in training police officers in court procedure, and to undertake the role of OIC.
- Lectures on the use of cell-site analysis as evidence.
A member of the Midland Circuit, and of the Criminal Bar Association.