Called in 2001 and served as clerk to Lord Justice Igor Judge before undertaking pupillage at 3 Temple Gardens. An experienced practitioner in criminal law for both Prosecution and Defence having practised at the independent Bar and worked in-house. Served in the British Army and experienced in Courts Martial.
Suzanne has specialises in serious sexual cases and offences including violence, negligence and dealings with vulnerable people.
Notable cases include:
- R v DP 2017 Birmingham CC – acquittal of defendant accused of a 3 year campaign of raping and abusing his girlfriend aged between 16 to 19 years old.
- R v MP 2017 Birmingham CC – successful application for a Mental Health Act disposal following guilty pleas to rape and sexual assault of step-sister; the defendant was profoundly deaf and there were fitness to plead issues.
- R v MT 2017 Wolverhampton CC – allegations by two complainants of historic serious sexual offences committed by family friend – initial acquittal on first complainant and full acquittal of all counts after re-trial.
- R v TG 2016 Leicester CC – acquittal of defendant accused of years of rapes and sexual and physical assaults upon his wife.
- R v MK & Anor 2013 Croydon CC – acquittal of one of two men accused of raping and abducting a stranger from the street.
- R v NH 2013 Snaresbrook CC – acquittal of defendant with learning difficulties accused of sexual activity with his 4 year old neighbour whilst babysitting.
- R v WS & Anor 2013 St Albans CC – acquittal of defendant accused of gang rape of a waitress at a Christmas party.
- R v PP 2012 Woolwich CC – acquittal of defendant accused of sexual activity against his daughter aged 4-6 years old.
- R v LB 2011 Southend CC – acquittal after re-trial of ‘stranger’ rape.
- R v DD-C 2010 Basildon CC – acquittal of defendant accused of sexually assaulting disabled 12 year old girl.
- R v CM 2010 Reading CC – acquittal of a defendant accused of raping a young girl with learning difficulties – intermediary for complainant.
- R v AF 2009 Reading CC – acquittal of rape where complainant claimed she was raped whilst highly intoxicated in a graveyard and incapable of giving consent.
- R v TF 2009 Reading CC – convicted of serious sexual offences against foster parents pet dog. Secured a Community Order following psychiatric and psychological evidence.
- R v DP 2008 Isleworth CC – acquittal of youth with learning difficulties accused of rape of his neighbour. Defendant gave evidence over video-link – first usage for a defendant in London.
Notable cases include:
- R v CD 2013 CCC – junior in Murder case. After a psychiatric assessment ruled Defendant was ‘fit to plead’, appeared alone for sentence.
- R v AH 2013 Wood Green CC – acquittal in large scale conspiracy to commit cash in transit robberies, case involved complex cell site analysis.
- R v IS 2012 Reading Crown Court – junior Counsel defending in manslaughter and death by dangerous driving case, the first ‘cash for crash’ scheme to cause death of driver.
- R v DH 2011 Isleworth CC – instructed alone in attempted murder, successful application to dismiss.
- R v TK 2007 CCC – junior, attempted murder and murder of defendant’s ex-wife and her new partner. Witnessed by defendant’s very young son. All witnesses and defendant’s evidence given through interpreters.
- R v JS 2018 Worcester CC – acquittal of a mother accused of a campaign of child cruelty and assaults against her daughter and neglect of her 2 siblings.
- R v DC 2018 Birmingham CC – represented a father for plea and sentence, charged with cruelty to his 11 day old baby son.
- R v KS & oths 2011 Lewes CC – acquittal of defendant in a case involving kidnapping, false imprisonment and serious assault.
- R v LP 2017 Birmingham CC – represented a defendant for plea and sentence for an extremely serious assault on a cancer patient in remission.
- R v IW 2017 Stafford CC – acquittal of a serious allegation of grievous bodily harm by doorman on customer, despite evidence of 4 eye witnesses.
- R v KK & oths 2009 Reading CC – successful submission of ‘no case to answer’ for an alleged get-away driver in a serious robbery and grievous bodily harm, all other defendants were convicted.
Drugs and Gang-Related Offences
- R v MJ & oths Worcester CC – representing a defendant for sentence in a large scale drugs conspiracy (cocaine).
- R v LB 2012 Snaresbrook CC – acquittal in large scale conspiracy to cultivate cannabis – ten defendants.
Other notable cases include:
- R V SN 2008 Oxford CC– acquittal of a defendant with mental health issues who had stockpiled bomb-making equipment and literature.
- R v OK 2006 Isleworth CC– represented Britain’s most prolific bigamist for plea and sentence.
Accredited by the Bar Council and in suitable cases is happy to accept instructions direct from members of the public. Please see the Direct Access section of this website for further information.